1: clippy wasnt that bad
2: london is overrated
3: football isnt the best sport
4: command lines arent that hard to use

serverman src #4929

batch is easier than python.

viba (edited ) src #4930

lua is easier than python as well as being better in every conceivable way

(perhaps not the most unpopular opinion among the demographic of apioforum, but I am presuming it to be generally unpopular due to the fact that Python remains much more popular, and also how many people seem to shun Lua off to the side as a "cute little extension language" or "that weird language that starts indexes at one because its so weird!!!")

serverman (edited ) src #4951

hd graphics dont make a game better than another game with 8bit graphics

thatguywithsoup src #4952

...i actually agree with this one

citrons (bureaucrat) src #4953

hd graphics dont make a game better than another game with 8bit graphics

I'm not sure that's very unpopular considering what the best-selling game of all time is.

viba src #4954

yes, I think the majority of people are capable of comprehending that games having pixelated / otherwise lo-fi graphics is a stylistic/aesthetic choice and not "ur graphics suck lol"

serverman src #4959

i meant that they dont make idk, the newer super mario games better than the original super mario game

citrons (bureaucrat) src #4960

well, the latest super mario game is really good. I'd say it's the best side-scrolling mario since super mario world.

thatguywithsoup src #4961

being really good doesnt mean its better or worse though

quintopia src #4966

Maid-sama is trash.

citrons (bureaucrat) src #4967

unpopular opinion:

bruh2 src #5030

10 sucks despite of some people saying its good

quintopia src #5035

Goro Miyazaki's Tales from Earthsea wasn't really that bad.

thatguywithsoup (edited ) src #5058

system has gui != system is better than another one that only has cli (e.g. dos is better than vista or me, even though the latter 2 you dont need to use text input unlike the first one)

well, in hindsight, anything is better than vista or me...

BlueManedHawk src #5062

It's entirely possible for the low-level parts of an operating system to be graphical instead of text-based. We just tend not to think of that as a possibility because the dominant operating systems are based on systems that needed to be text-based because they existed at a particular time, meaning that nowadays their descendent operating systems have their low-level parts being text-based.

quintopia src #5063

graphical programming languages are cool. text-based is not necessarily better.

serverman src #5078

birch isnt a bad wood in minecraft no matter what other players say

fragmentSagisces src #5079

birch, if used correctly, can actually look really very pretty. it's all about how it's used.

caesar src #5080

birch is amazing. who doesn't like birch?

serverman src #5081

every minecraft player i know.

BlueManedHawk src #5082

Birch planks's difference from other woods's planks can be exploited. Birch logs's unique bark texture makes it fill a distinct niche. That said, since the difference between all the types of logs and their derivative products is purely ├Žsthetic, i wish that they all corresponded to one set of blocks for which the player could choose the particular type of wood they wanted on an as-needed basis.

bruh2 (edited ) src #5085

just because a book is more famous, it doesnt mean its better.

some books are very famous but SUCK, e.g. twilight, the humblebird (or whatever its called in english) and the rose, the matches seller...

BlueManedHawk src #5087

There are many pieces of media that are worth experiencing at least once despite being terrible. Exceptionally high quality is not a requirement for something to be a classic.

bruh2 (edited ) src #5089

yes but im talking about famous books that are REALLY bad, not even mediocre.

amby src #5090

re: text based languages and interfaces, my take is that while yes for a lot of tasks, graphical UI is better, text UI should still be available for when something breaks. if your hard drive shits itself and you need to repair it, you'll be doing it in an emergency text shell, because the graphics drivers are on the drive that just shat itself.

the main point about text is that while it's not great, it's universal. pretty much every computer on earth can handle US low ascii

caesar src #5092

theoretically you could use a graphical interface due to UEFI.

thatguywithsoup src #5093

re: text based languages and interfaces, my take is that while yes for a lot of tasks, graphical UI is better, text UI should still be available for when something breaks. if your hard drive shits itself and you need to repair it, you'll be doing it in an emergency text shell, because the graphics drivers are on the drive that just shat itself.

the main point about text is that while it's not great, it's universal. pretty much every computer on earth can handle US low ascii

unless youre cueball