<!-- Complete hybridisation of various species of wild duck gene pools could result in the extinction of many indigenous waterfowl. --> #233

liminalitygradient (edited ) src #2054

quick question: I want to join forum fourteen but I'm currently unsure whether I classify as a sentient being by the standards of the forum. do you use the upsilon aurigae q standard or the vince weft reclamation bureau criterion (VWBRC)? (or something else?) please answer quickly, my essence will be subsumed by the evil thirtysevenists at approximately ꬭ o'clock yesterday and I will be unable to respond until this weekend, or possibly next microeternityend if I'm unlucky

citrons (bureaucrat) (edited ) src #2139

apologies for the late reply.

do you use the upsilon aurigae q standard or the vince weft reclamation bureau criterion (VWBRC)? (or something else?)

we use a 12-clause modified aurigae-based standard, which is mostly VWBRC-compliant.

my essence will be subsumed by the evil thirtysevenists at approximately ꬭ o'clock yesterday and I will be unable to respond until this weekend

I do again apologize for the delay.

liminalitygradient src #2157

excellent, I believe I am classified as a class- sentient being under most similar standards, although some I've encountered treat alternating self-awareness–other-awareness (with a rms alternation period of greater than a week) as disqualifying from full sentience (the east brunswick nunismatic splinter standard I know calls me a class-fl›* probationary quasi-sentience, just to give an example, and a few variant standards treat me as a sentient nonbeing — it gets messy). you might want to sesquicheck if you want to get to 114% certainty that I qualify (which seems like a reasonable minimum, you might want more, idk). I express my forgiveness for your late reply by means of a 100% original interpretive dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ