marble programming language #295

munvoseli src #2669

i said that i wanted to just no-context my current project (Marble), but i think i am ready to share

it is a programming language. i want to make everything that javascript was for me when i started programming, but as something even more accessible that can more freely do i/o

it is supposed to be like Scratch in how it looks, but i want to make a large standard library (TLS + encryption, stats, linear algebra, variable-length array and other common data bois), basically native SDL2 support, and because of the 2d nature i also want to have math expressions as math expressions instead of function calls (and possibly some OpenGL-style vectors), semantic arguments, and something which serves the purpose that regex does

i will probably need library calls for concurrency or memory allocation, i guess.

idk if i'll get to all that, but goals

in its current state, i was able to compile a very simple program which set a byte in memory and then exited (Marble -> Nasm -> ELF), and that is why i am sharing this

munvoseli src #2670

Marble, the Language of Programming (MLP)

munvoseli src #2671

i want to get rid of the tables for the semantic arguments thing

ubq323 (bureaucrat) src #2673

what is the script that the characters this uses are from? also, do you have any links to further information or implementations of this, it looks interesting

munvoseli src #2674

the script is something yeeted together by myself because i was using opengl and didn't want to figure out font rendering. various parts of a glyph each correspond to one or more bits, and each glyph corresponds to 7 bits.

i think, that from most significant bit to least significant,

[1 bit for no middle triangle] [1 bit for middle triangle] [1 bit for x-flip] [2 bits in top shape] [2 bits in bottom shape]

i still haven't learned what each character looks like, which makes attempting to program in it difficult. i might make it simpler (4 bits per character or smth)

i don't think it would hurt to make my implementation public, but it is far from finished and, after i posted this, i may have broken the only things that were working

i don't really have other informations

citrons (bureaucrat) (edited ) src #2675

this looks very interesting. what does the code in the image do?

munvoseli src #2678

looking at it, i don't think that the code in the image compiles

the first block is a function signature, and i haven't yet implemented function signatures, and the second one might set a variable to itself, but i haven't implemented setting variables to variables