hey ubq not to pressure u or anything but is the competition still extant
presently, 'john travolta', but they don't seem to be responding on anything. i would end this round now actually but i'm not at home atm and i don't have my notebook with me
round 2 results
sinthorion chose 0, and trimill chose e-1 (≈ 1.72). distance < 5 so the highest guesser, trimill, wins
razetime chose 5 and citrons chose 10. distance ≥ 5 so the lowest guesser, razetime, wins.
Nathan777 chose 7.51 and kit chose the same value as last time, roughly equal to pi. distance < 5 so highest guesser, Nathan777, wins.
John Travolta did not submit anything, so quintopia's choice of 50cos(e^e^e) (≈ 9.45) automatically proceeds to the next round.
from here on i will run each match separately. the first match of this round is trimill vs razetime. good luck!
good news kit, now apioforum stuff goes to the chat thru "webhook" so you can say hi from here
it looks like the discord webhook stopped working for a little bit, i don't know why. discord webhooks and apionet webhooks both seem to be working again now.
trimill chooses sqrt(2) + sqrt(3) + sqrt(5) ≈ 5.38
razetime chooses 9.9999999
the distance is less than 5, so the highest guess wins this match, which is razetime!
(i don't have my notebook with me at the moment so you will have to imagine the bracket)
next match is quintopia vs Nathan777. good luck!
Nathan777 chooses 7.51, again.
quintopia chooses 5.147102625.
the distance is less than 5, so the highest guesser Nathan77 wins the match!
here is the current tournament bracket:
here are some additional observations:
- both of the finalists played their first match in round 2, rather than round 1.
- up to this point, all matches except one have ended with a distance of less than 5, meaning the highest guess has won
- the image quality of my tournament bracket drawings has declined steadily since the beginning of this competition, due to poor lighting
- 13 of all 17 submitted guesses (that's 76%) have had an integer part that is odd; only 4 have been even.
- the largest ever guess is 10, and the smallest ever guess is 0.
- the mean guess is about 5.598. the standard deviation of the guesses is about 3.131.
- the median guess is 5.147, the lower quartile guess is 3.142, and the upper quartile guess is 7.510.
- there isn't a unique mode - 3, 10, pi, and 7.51 have each been submitted twice, and all other submitted guesses are unique.
- here is a box plot:
good luck to both the finalists !
Nathan777 chooses 7.77.
razetime chooses 2.5.
the distance is thus 5.27, which is greater than 5, and so the lowest answer, razetime wins!!
there is a winner 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉
please log in to reply to this thread